Eugene B. Grey of Rootz of Music Inc.
Community Partner’s on WAVS 1170 AM radio is very excited to host Rootz of Music, Inc. this Saturday, June 25th, at 12:20 pm. Music education my have disappeared from our public schools but it is still alive and well thanks to Rootz of Music. Don’t miss Eugene & Felicia Grey on this broadcast.
Florida-based Rootz of Music, Inc. is a nonprofit 501 (c) (3) organization that was founded in 2011 by Jazz guitarist, arranger, composer, and music educator Eugene Grey along with his wife Felicia Grey. Rootz of Music is committed to inspiring people and assisting in their growth and appreciation of music. Our vision is to touch the world by creating,developing and supporting programs and other non-profit organizations in their efforts to advance music education.
Rootz of Music, Inc. has partnered with SOS Children’s Villages Florida http://www.sosflorida.com to provide a weekly music program that began in March 2013. Rootz of Music’s program, American Roots of Jamaican Music was awarded a grant in August 2013 from Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) that supported a school touring program. In addition, in September 2013 Rootz of Music partnered with Tamaba School of Music http://www.tamaba.com.ar and the School of Music located in Argentina on music clinics conducted by Mr. Grey. For more information about Rootz of Music’s commitment to the local and global community, visit http://www.rootzofmusic.net. Mission of Rootz of Music, Inc.
Rootz of Music’s mission is a dedication to the promotion and preservation of popular music; specifically through the innovative program, American Roots of Jamaican Music. We commit to provide music education and Cultural Enrichment Performances to under-served communities with programs that highlight historical information that may have been overlooked through performances, theoretical tutoring along with hands on workshops and other programs, as well as working in conjunction with other nonprofit organizations.
Goal of Rootz of Music, Inc.
1. Highlight the historical information(songs and artists) of the inter-connectivity of American and Jamaican music that may have been overlooked
2. Create music programs for children, especially those in under-served communities.
3. Partner with passionate music educators and other non-profits who share a common vision.
4. Provide opportunities for children to showcase their talents.
Objective of Rootz of Music, Inc.
1. Introduce, educate, and engage community in positive, potential life-long musical interests
2. Provide an atmosphere to encourage and develop life skills, respect for others, and positive social interaction
3. Encourage self-esteem, self-worth, and a sense of accomplishment through active participation with the music program
4. Encourage confidence in their own abilities – through learning various musical instruments and through performance